Lands Town Planning and Survey
With the covetous nature of land as a critical factor in the socio-economic development of the state, government has continued to put in place policies and processes for the maximum protection and effective utilization of land. The numerous demands for land for such purposes like; farming, housing, entrepreneurial activities, construction of projects, training exercises and aesthetics, among others, has made land administration paramount in the scheme of governance.
To this end, the Udom Emmanuel administration, has put in place numerous procedures for efficient allocation and supervision of available land in the state.
Achievements so far in this sector include:
- Acquisition of land for overriding public interest:
- Lands have successfully been acquired for various government projects such as: 1 hectare of land for industrial Estate at Mbak Itam II, Itu LGA, with site layout and survey plan prepared;
- 2 hectares of land for Metre based facility business case box and Metre assembly factory, at Awa Iman, Onna LGA, with site plan prepared. Payment of compensation to owners of expropriated interests; notice of revocation of rights of occupancy issued and gazetted;
- 73 hectares of land acquired at Iba Oku, Uyo, for the relocation of the police station from Wellington Bassey way, Uyo and for other government projects;
- 05 hectares of land acquired at Ikot Oku Ikono for new mechanic village;
- 26 hectares of land acquired for Quantum petrochemical (methanol complex) and other government project at Ntiakang, Ibeno LGA, with site layout plan prepared.
- 1 hectare of land for blue marine factory industrial Estate at MbakItam II, ItuLGA;with site layout plan and survey plan prepared;
- 3,200 square metres of land was reclaimed from trespassers at Itiam Etoi, Uyo for transformer substation.
- Negotiations are ongoing for acquisition of 1,300 hectares of land in each of the 31 Council areas of the State for agricultural development;
- 2 hectares of land acquired for school of Aviation and other government projects, at Ndon Ebom, Uruan LGA, with site layout plan prepared.