Local Govt. and Chieftaincy Affairs
In realization of the symbiotic role of the third-tier of government in the development of the State, government has vigorously pursued and maintained a harmonious relationship with the local government and the traditional chieftain. To this end, government has undertaken the following:
- Prompt payment of stipends to Traditional Rulers in the State
- Payment of arrears of Security Allowance and up-to-date monthly payment of stipends to Paramount Rulers.
- Payment of Palace Renovation/Furniture Allowance to five (5) Paramount Rulers – Oron, Abak, Ukanafun, Ini and Nsit Ibom LGAs.
- Official recognition of 92 (ninety two) Traditional Rulers in the State – 1 Paramount Ruler, 4 Clan Heads and 87 Village Heads.
- Appointment and Swearing-in of the Chairman, Akwa Ibom State Council of Chiefs, His Royal Majesty Owong (Dr.) Effiong Bassey Archianga (JP) FCE, FCAI – Akwaha Owong Ibeno.
- Presentation of Land Cruiser SUV to the Chairman, State Council of Chiefs.
- Provision of financial assistance during the burial of the late Paramount Rulers of Udung Uko, Oruk Anam and Eastern Obolo LGAs.
- Financial Assistance to the Paramount Ruler of Uruan for medical treatment abroad.
- Payment of Christmas bonus to Traditional Rulers in the State.
- Renovation of the Chambers of Council of Chiefs.
- Staff training for Newly Recruited Staff.
- Payment of up-to-date Staff Salaries.
- Release of Licenses to places of religious worship.
- Dakkada sensitization tour/enlightenment in the 31 LGAs on the programmes and policies of the State government.