Science and Technology
The Ministry in partnership with Rocky Feller Foundation, trained 1000 unemployed youths of the State on micro work to enable them source for jobs online.
Training of 1000 unemployed young graduates of the State on Oracle data base Administration. The certification exam is ongoing at the Ibom – e- library.
Recently received approval for a Pearson VUE E- testing Centre, which means upto 48 e- examinations under-taken by Pearson VUE would be conducted in the State at the Ibom e-library.
- Re-branding and re-positioning of the Ibom e- library to redefine reading experience, this include the robust e- resources and general maintenance.
- Commencement of installation of Internet facilities in Government House, Ministry of Science and Technology and Idongesit Nkanga Secretariat.
- Accreditation of ICT Academy of the Ministry of Science and Technology by JAMB as one of its Centers and successfully conducted this year’s JAMB examination.
- Establishment of centre for Renewable and Energy Efficiency at the Ministry’s Headquarters, 84 Obio Imo Street Uyo. The centre is responsible for implementation and renewable of Energy Efficiency policy in the State.
Obtained licenses from Federal Ministry of Environment and Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) to render service to oil industry in the category of:
Environmental Quality Monitoring
– Onshore Environmental services
– Environmental Assessment studies (EIA, EER EAR PIA).
Graduation of 300 unemployed graduates of the State origin on Graduate Assistance Programme (GAP). The programme is in partnership with Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited.
- Oracle training on computer software management for youths.
- Establishment of ICT Academy for Civil Servants and youths in the State.
- Training of 150 Civil Servants on computer application and networking.
- Training of children between ages 5 – 18 on computer appreciation and networking.