The administration of Governor Udom Emmanuel in Akwa Ibom State records unprecedented accomplishments across all sectors of the economy.
Since assumption of office on May 29, 2015 and poised to accomplish the industrialization policy of his administration, Governor Udom Emmanuel set sail with emphatic imprints on the geo-political and socio-economic development of the state. Propelled by the Five-point agenda – Job Creation, Poverty Alleviation, Wealth Creation, Economic and Political inclusion, Infrastructural Consolidation and Expansion, the Governor started-off, by putting in place think-tanks for the galvanization of technical and professional inputs that will interpret and bring into concrete realities, the lofty goals of his administration.
In view of the Mandate of the Governor Udom Emmanuel-led administration to consolidate on the gains of Uncommon Transformation witnessed across Akwa Ibom State today, it is worthy of note that Governor Udom Emmanuel has taken impressive steps which have removed doubts from the eyes of skeptics in the state about his sincerity and commitments to completely industrialize the state.
Ground Breaking Ceremonies
1. DAAR Communications Broadcasting Complex, Abak
2. Led factory at Itam
3. Shoprite at Ibom Tropicana
4. Automobile Assembly Plant at Itu
Road Construction Projects Approved
1. Ndon Eyo Etinan road
2. 3.5km Ikot Udom with 15m span bridge in Ibiono Ibom
3. 5km Ikot Usop – Ikot Edeghe – Ikot Ekpuk road with 30m span bridge in Mkpat Enin
4. 1km Awa Iman road in Onna
5. Construction/remodelling roads in Eket Metropolis
6. Dualization of Etinan-Onna with two bridges
7. Dualization Ikot Oku Ikono – Etinan road with Flyover at Ekom Iman
8. Construction of Ikot Ebekpo – Ikot Ebidang Road in Onna
9. Urbanisation of Oron and drainage control system
YOUTH EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMMES
1. Special Pilgrimage and Empowerment training of 100 youth in Isreal for Mechanised Farming
2. Training of 1000 youth on Oracle Database Administration
3. Training of 329 youth on film production
4. Training of 200 youth on Power Sector
– Interest-free loans of over N2b to thousands of Akwa Ibom People
– Payment of compensation to over 2000 flood victims
– 18-20 hours of power supply in areas that have been connected by PHED
– Payment of outstanding salaries to Primary School Teachers
– Payment of outstanding gratuities to Pensioners
– Erosion intervention at
– Remodelling of St. Luke Hospital, Anua
– Revamping of Peacock Paints Industy
– Erosion control is on-going at School of Nursing, Anua
At the inception, of the present administration, Governor Udom Emmanuel had declared – “Our commitment to industrialization is irrevocable. We know that through industrialization, we shall rewrite the Akwa Ibom Story in employment and wealth creation”.
With gender issues gaining momentum in the development plans of government as encapsulated in the Sustainable Development Goals, SDGs of the United Nations and domesticated in the Udom Emmanuel 5 – Point Agenda, government has continued to put in place policies and undertake programmes for the enhancement of the welfare of women, children and the vulnerable members of the society. Highlights of achievements of government in the sector include
The focus of governance in Akwa Ibom State principally has been on industrialization and job creation. This made it absolutely necessary to establish a programme that will engage the skills, ideas, capacities and productive endeavours of Akwa Ibom people towards inspiring an industrial revolution from down up.
Agriculture and Food sufficiency are very critical in the wellbeing and socio-economic transformation of the people. In Akwa Ibom state, Agriculture engages over 70% of the state’s population with the capacity to catapult the state from consumption – oriented economy to a market – driven economy...
In realization of the symbiotic role of the third-tier of government in the development of the State, government has vigorously pursued and maintained a harmonious relationship with the local government and the traditional chieftain. To this end, government has undertaken the following:
With the covetous nature of land as a critical factor in the socio-economic development of the state, government has continued to put in place policies and processes for the maximum protection and effective utilization of land
The Ministry in partnership with Rocky Feller Foundation, trained 1000 unemployed youths of the State on micro work to enable them source for jobs online.
Training of 1000 unemployed young graduates of the State on Oracle data base Administration. The certification exam is ongoing at the Ibom
Infrastructure consolidation and expansion is one of the cardinal objectives of the present administration. With a budgetary allocation of N65.42 Billion in the 2015 state appropriation and N91.8 Billion in 2016, infrastructural development...
Power and energy are very critical in industrialization particularly and for the overall development of any society. Hardly can any sector of the economy grow without power. And so, in his quest to catapult Akwa Ibom State into an industrial hub in the gulf of Guinea, Governor Udom Emmanuel has vigorously tackled power generation in the state to boost commercial and domestic activities.
At the inception, of the present administration, Governor Udom Emmanuel had declared – “Our commitment to industrialization is irrevocable. We know that through industrialization, we shall rewrite the Akwa Ibom Story in employment and wealth creation...